Thursday, January 1, 2015

Pop Art Inspiration

We recently had a pop art inspired art class where the kids colored with marker, photos that I altered. My daughter, Maddie, created this piece of our sweet German Shepherd, Ziva. I think she did a great job!


This is one of my students with her self portrait art piece all ready as a Christmas gift for her family! Super job, Grace!


Ho to do this project:
  1. Take a photo of your subject.
  2. Alter your photo with a photo editor. I used Pic Monkey. Size it to 6 x 6 inch
  3. Print out 4 of each image. I have an inkjet printer so I sprayed each one with Krylon Workable Fixative so the ink would not smudge.
  4. Cut out images
  5. Have kids color the images with bright colored markers.
  6. Glue down to 12 x 12 inch square canvas. Optional: Before gluing, paint canvas edges with black acrylic paint or black gesso and let dry. Try not to get glue on the front of the pictures so the marker will not smear. We used  Mod Podge or Acrylic Medium.
  7. Spray your art piece with a sealer like Krylon UV Resistant Clear Acrylic Coating.

2 comments: